Wednesday 22 April 2015

evaluation question 1

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

My product is similar to a crime thriller, in thrillers the objective is to cause the audiance to anticipate what is about to happen. This causes suspence and tension for the audiance. My film is similar to Taken, I have used low lighting situations and close up shots which are usually used in thrillers.

In my opening in have not shown my protagonist, I have done this to so the audiance can ask who the protagonist is and keep them interested. The victim is usually a teenage girl in the thriller genre, so i have use a young male, so the audiance can empithise with the charecter, this also gives the character a vulnerable nature . The opening causes suspence when you see the shadow of someone in the house, and you see a car pulling up to the drive. This would get the audiabce asking is the child in danger ?, is the person in the house going to be caught by the person in the car ? How did this person get in, etc. To get these questions i have not shown the face of the person in the house untill the very end.

At the end i have used short clips to show movement and then it cuts to a black screen. I did this to cause tension within the audiance.





No comments:

Post a Comment